Shopping online has become second nature for many of us – the internet offers convenience not available from other shopping outlets. Two clicks and a package is on its way! Unfortunately, the internet is also convenient for hackers and scammers, giving them numerous ways to access shoppers’ personal and financial information. Scammers who obtain your information can use it for their own financial gain, either by making purchases themselves or selling your information to someone else.
Southeastern Bank, along with the U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT), wants you to stay protected this holiday season. Check out these quick tips:
- Do business with reputable online vendors and remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
- Make sure the website shows https in the URL; the “s” indicates a secure site.
- Be wary of emails requesting your financial information.
- Download and begin using Southeastern Bank’s Shazam BOLT$ app for added protection on your debit card; click here to learn how the BOLT$ app can help protect you.
- Monitor your account(s) and alert us immediately of any suspicious activity.
Call or stop by any Southeastern Bank branch and we’ll be glad to assist you with the BOLT$ app or other inquiries. The holidays are a time to celebrate and enjoy the season without having to worry about identity theft or other online scams.
About Us: Southeastern Bank, established in 1888, has a long history of serving its customers and communities. From checking accounts and loans to investments and more, Southeastern Bank has the financial products you need most. Southeastern Bank has 10 locations throughout coastal Georgia and northeast Florida that include Brunswick, Callahan, Darien, Eulonia, Folkston, Hilliard, Kingsland, Nahunta, Richmond Hill and St. Simons Island.