Southeastern Bank is implementing a major technology upgrade that will transform your banking experience. The transition from our existing system to our new system begins the afternoon of Thursday, August 3rd and will be completed Monday, August 7th.
The information below is your guide to our new banking platform. We are excited about the enhancements our customers will enjoy after implementation is complete. The new platform means changes for internet banking, mobile banking and voice banking, as well as the timing of mailed statements and eStatements during the transition. Bill pay, debit cards and ATMs will not be affected.
As a Southeastern Bank customer, it is very important you read the information below to understand the rollout of the new platform, learn about the new login information, see what changes affect you and review the timeline.
New Platform Enhancements for Mobile and Online Banking include a more modern user interface for a better user experience, the availability of positive pay for commercial customers and in September, the ability to initiate Conversations within the app. Additional overall upgrades include easier onboarding of new deposit accounts in branches and by early 2024, the ability to open deposit accounts online.
Please read the sections below carefully, so you are prepared!
Internet & Mobile Banking
The existing app goes offline Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 4 p.m. for both consumer and commercial customers. The new app will not be live until the following Monday, August 7, 2023.
- Download New App:
– On (or after) August 7th, download the new app “Southeastern Bank” from the Apple Store or Google Play.
– Logins will remain the same with limited exceptions. Additional information will be sent to your home or business – please be on the lookout.
– Your password WILL change and we’ll send you specific instructions on setting your new password.
– Account nicknames will not carryover, but can be easily set in the new app.
eStatements | Check & Statement Images in App
- Customers who use or want eStatements will need to re-enroll within the new app.
- Check images, statements and eStatements dated August 3rd and prior will not be available online initially, but will re-appear in October.
- Images and statements dated after August 3rd will be available starting August 7th.
- Statements from July 1st – August 3rd are being mailed to all customers so they’ll be readily available.
- Later this year, other forms and notices, such as loan billing notices and safe deposit box rental notices, will be available online. You will choose which ones to receive by electronic delivery.
- A statement drop will occur on all checking and savings accounts on August 3rd; this statement will not initially be available online and will be mailed instead.
- Should you need additional copies of this or any other statements, contact us and we will send it to you via secure email, within Conversations or by mail.
- Any accrued interest will post and no service charges will be assessed.
- Thereafter, ALL checking statements will drop the last business day of each month. Savings statements will continue to generate quarterly unless activity necessitates a monthly statement.
- The old system will go offline after 4 p.m. on August 3rd and the new system will launch Monday, August 7th. The phone # to access voice banking is NOT changing. It will remain 800.630.5776.
- Instructions on accessing the new system will be sent via separate communication.
- The new system allows better messaging on inclement weather and other events.
Debit Cards and ATM: No Changes
- Except for a 30 minute downtime the afternoon of August 3rd, debit cards will continue to work with NO changes. Excitingly, virtual wallets, including Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay, will launch August 3rd.
- Brella isn’t changing and can still be used as normal.
- ATMs will continue to work during the transition period.