The first few months of the year are a great time to focus on your finances. With the right plan in place, you can stick to your financial resolutions and end 2021 in better shape than you started. The following tips may help:
- Know where your money goes. Take back the power of your finances with a smart, well-laid plan that includes saving, paying expenses and specific allocations for other spending.
- Determine needs versus wants. Be deliberate about your purchases! Identify essentials (rent/mortgage, utilities, car payment, etc.) and take stock of ‘fun things’ that can be cut.
- Make the most out of monthlies. It seems like everything comes with a monthly subscription these days! What monthly costs can be cut or postponed? Take a close look at what services you use most and cut out those you aren’t using.
- Think about WHY and HOW you’re spending. Cut out impulse buys and find ways to eliminate unplanned expenses. Spontaneous spending can derail goals and leave you with big bills.
- Check with us for options. Southeastern Bank is here to help. Talk with your Southeastern lender about refinancing options. Or open a savings account to stockpile what you’re not spending. And the list goes on. Having access to the right resources will make it easier to take action and plan for the future.
Southeastern Bank encourages everyone to strive for solid financial footing; if you have questions about your budget plan, ask us for insight! It’s important to take control of your financial life; in addition to being less stressful, being in charge of your money puts you one step ahead when you need a loan for a larger purchase, a mortgage or your business.
About Us: Southeastern Bank, established in 1888, has a long history of serving its customers and communities. From checking accounts and loans to investments and more, Southeastern Bank has the financial products you need most. Southeastern Bank has 10 locations throughout coastal Georgia and northeast Florida that include Brunswick, Callahan, Darien, Eulonia, Folkston, Hilliard, Kingsland, Nahunta, Richmond Hill and St. Simons Island.